15. July 2012 12:43
SQL Server 2012 brings some of the most desired enhancements in the Management Studio to simplify manageability.
(1) The new SQL Server Management Studio is built on Visual Studio 2012. As it opens, you soon recognize the familiar dark blue theme of Visual Studio 2010.
(2) You can drag and move out Query Window from the main work area:
It also has dual monitor support. You can move out a Query Window to another monitor or outside the main IDE.
(3) You can even drag out the ToolBox from the main IDE and place it elsewhere on the desktop or on another monitor.
(4) Being based on Visual Studio, SSMS brings the same Clipboard Buffer feature of Visual Studio 2010. You can cycle through buffer text by holding down the SHIFT key and pressing CTRL+V.
(5) Another interesting feature is Insert Snippet which you can find on menu via Edit -> IntelliSense. It allows you to inject variety of code snippets onto your Query Window:
Above I selected Create Procedure Basic Template to inject stored procedure code. It even provides you with two parameters to start with. You can always remove or add parameters according to your need.
Similarly, you can inject many other type of code snippets like: Function, Index, Table, View etc. There are even more enhancements which are outside the scope of this post.